16 July 2008

Where's my Popemobile

So it's world youth day, and sydney is full of pilgrims.
I havn't seen the popemobile yet, but then I haven't been looking.
On the weekend K and me visited K's parents in Goulburn. K's mum had pilgrims too. They're bloody everywhere, and K_ and myself enjoyed tormenting them over a lovely sunday lunch.

So I haven't had much of a chance to post in the last week. I've been happily working away, doing at least 10 hours a day. Basically, I've had to do alot of catching up, I managed to forget alot of what I learned in Uni while I was getting comfortable with working in Germany. I got complacent, and it was evident when I was looking for work that I wasn't looking after my skills over the last few years.
So now I'm very happy to do overtime to get my programming skills (C# & .Net) upto speed, while I have an employer that's willing to let me try.
So although I don't have much time, it's all smiles.

Now if only I can get work, and working out, to work together. Then I can get back to playing Rugby! I NEED THE SOCIAL!

In the meantime, it looks like we'll be brewing some Munich Helles. Unfortunatly, it won't be ready in time for our partial housewarming this Sunday. (I say partial, 'cause it's only 3 rooms)

And in other news, K's friend L is down from the far north, and I can finally meet one of the people that keeps K sain!

No comments:

Post a Comment