06 January 2009

Still alive!

This whole holiday thing can be really distracting.


I had a whole 4 days holiday over the festive season... not much I know, but the fact that everyone else was on holiday, allowed me to get all my work done without interruption. So after the holidays, I was probably more relaxed than if I had take a holiday myself.

Christmas and Boxing day were spent in Goulburn. Hot & Dry, so we kept ourselves cool and moist with a traditional christmas lunch of Ham and Turkey, and an Austrailian traditional christmas lunch of Beer and monster Prawns off of the Barbie. Excellent.
(Apparently there's a nack to shelling prawns, and Australians have a secret code, only tell the foreigner about the "Shit Strip" after he's eaten it!)

On new years is was strange to be at a new years party with children at it... but strange in a cool way, not strange in a put them on the BBQ way.
Besides that the Sydney fireworks were quite spectacular, especially seen from a balcony in Dromoyne, instead of at the waterside with 10,000 drunks.

After midnight K turned around to me with a look of horror and said, "Do you realise that we're now getting married THIS YEAR!". After some quick sums, we arrived at 14 weeks until the big day. That's about how long it was between deciding to move to Australia and getting on the plane.
(Personally, I was thinking, how long before we're bringing our kids to watch the fireworks)

K's been steadily ticking things off the wedding todo list, doing me proud. I think however it's about time I contributed... my first idea, a heartshaped pinata, was speared immediatly and set alight in the pit of bad ideas. I'm working on getting all the bad ideas out of the way, so that I can concentrate on the solid gold ideas. ;-)

I just hope I can get the "job" work out of the way so it doesn't affect the "home" work.

On a side note... still cycling to work twice a week. I need to, it seems to be the only sport I have time for. Still, at least we are getting faster.

And I'll have to tell you about my new garden.
And my "keep the mosquitos out" automatic door closer.
And my remote control LED flashing thingy.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/1/09

    Hi K + D,
    all the best for 2009 and especially for your "14 weeks" event !!
    I hope to see some pictures of the good, bad, solid, golden ideas that came true in the end.

    Have time to write this cause I cant get no rhp license:)

    Cheers and lots of luck for your wedding plans !
    C + J

    PS. for everybody who doesnt know what a "pinata" is - I found it after a tedious investigation:))

    Übersetzung pinata
    Kommentar Mexikanischer Brauch. Tier aus Pappmasche mit Süßigkeiten gefüllt, das man mit verbundenen Augen zerschlagen muss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/1/09

    Hallo Ihr 2!

    auch von uns noch Alles Gute fürs Neue Jahr, mit hoffentlich aller Gesundheit. Steht der Termin bei Euch für die Hochzeit schon fest in 14 Wochen oder ist das eure gesetzte Deadline?
    Ich hoffe wir können euch auch mal besuchen, wenn der Weg doch nicht so weit wäre :-(
    Habt Ihr evtl. mal vor "good old Germany" zu besuchen?
    Mit dem Job bei Euch ist auch noch alles klar, bei uns gab es ein paar Änderungen/Kürzungen, aber wir kämpfen uns irgendwie durch.

    See you later
    Rene & Romy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christian...
    Cheers for the attention.
    Hope the new year was eventfull. Did you break your new years resolution yet??

    By the way.. I need your address, I've got to send you a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rene,
    Ich hoffe die kurzungen nicht zu streng sind, und das ihr beide noch das neue wohnung geniessen konnen!
    Naturlich koennt ihr besuchen kommen, aber wir hoffen mal in Juli nach Europa zu kommen, und da steht sicher noch einen Ingoldorf besuch an!
    Hier geht das Arbeiten schon noch gut. Ich bleibe aber erstmals bei dieser arbeitgeber bis das Arbeitsmarkt wieder etwas munter wird.
    Habt ihr lust am 18 April nach Sydney zu kommen? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/1/09

    Ahh verstehe, das ist dann wohl der große Tag :-).
    Wir haben wohl im Februar und dann im Mai/Juni Urlaub geplant, so das es im April etwas eng wird.
    Aber wenn Ihr im Sommer nach Europa kommt, dann sehen wir uns auf jeden Fall.
    Ja mit dem Arbeitsmarkt ist es wohl bei Euch auch wie hier ..
    Bis dahin

    ReplyDelete