11 August 2008

It's an omen

It must be an omen, when, on the morning commute to work you get overtaken by a Toyota Prius. Gliding by, just over the speed that I speed over the speed limit. Outside of my comfort zone.
I wish to present this as a metaphor for the world, where finally environmental responsability dares to overtake short-term quickbuck car buyers.
The 12 year old eco friendly version of me, would have been fascinated with these cars, apparently good for the environment, giving people a warm fuzzy feeling inside when they buy them.
My modern day me, while fully aware of these vehicles being firmly outside my price range, gets geek goosebumps thinking about the possibilites for adjusting things on this car.

In the meantime I'll have to make do with driving as economically responsibly as possible.
On the other hand, I could take the bus. It's cheaper. I don't have to drive. It's timetabled, so I HAVE to leave work. And I can relax and put my feet up while someone else gets frustrated with the traffic. Hmm.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you be fooled by the Prius/hybrid hype - a good diesel will give you more mpg and with less impact on the environment (think of those nasty batteries).

    On the other hand, they are fucking COOL to ride in, like freakily silent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard you can put them in stealth mode to sneak up on pedestrians at crossings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW: Ahhhh attack of the dave.

    I did originally consider using lesinge... but then I thought, nah... it might actually work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been reading this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18/8/08

    The most economical way to go to work is by bike - but I can remember those stories about aussi drivers so its probably not the best idea.

    Last week we went by bike to Dresden - 4 days. Was a nice trip but a bit rainy.

    Please show extraordinary respect to Huth-San who joined us for the first stage. 170kms in bloody hilly "Bayrischer Wald" took about 14 hours !

    ReplyDelete