11 November 2008

Sometimes art confuses me.

It's meant to be a work of fiction... but I would have to move this piece from the Literary work pigeonhole into the Shoebox of "Incomprehensible gibberish, also called art", which I would stash under the bed. Promptly forgetting about it.

"Eunoia is the shortest word in English containing all five vowels - and it means "beautiful thinking". It is also the title of Canadian poet Christian Bok's book of fiction in which each chapter uses only one vowel.

Mr Bok believes his book proves that each vowel has its own personality, and demonstrates the flexibility of the English language. Below are extracts from each chapter"


Honestly, this sort of thing makes my head hurt.
And when that happens I quite often get angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment