26 May 2008

Beat me baby

So today I found out that if K_ ever has enough of me, I'll have to ask her to beat me so I don't get thrown out of the country.

Let me explain.

I'm applying for a spousal visa with K_, we're in a defacto relationship.
When I apply for the visa, I get a temporary 820 Visa. When immigration check up on us two years later, if we're togeather I get permenant residency, if not, I get evicted & deported.

UNLESS...
Katherine beats me, and I can prove that I am the victim of maritial violence.
Then, if these circumstances are the reason for our breakup, I may be allowed to contunue reside in the country.

I understand that this provision is for the protection of people in a relationship with their Visa sponsor. But wouldn't it be open to abuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment